At Ironmaster, we want you to use your home gym equipment more efficiently to get the best results! We have hacks for home gyms with limited space, bulking up, and post-workout. If you haven't yet read our article about preparing a space for your home gym, be sure to check it out.
- Keep Your Goals In Your Line of Vision: The best way to achieve your fitness goals is to write them down. We suggest a corkboard or whiteboard on the wall that’s close to where you store your gym equipment. You can put progress pictures, inspirational quotes, your workout schedule and anything else that helps keep you motivated on this board.
- Moving On UP: You probably already utilize vertical storage in your home with great results, so why not apply this idea to your home gym as well? Open your floor space up with wall mounted shelves for your yoga mat, towels, water bottles and other knick-knacks. Store your Ironmaster attachments and accessories on wall shelves, too! If you’re looking for a better way to store your Ironmaster home gym equipment, our organizer tree is a great investment. You can store many of our attachments and accessories for your Ironmaster super bench, cable tower, or machine in a very compact space.
- Tucked Away: Smaller, compact equipment can be stored away and then brought out when needed. If your home gym is in a shared room, you can use trunks and ottomans to keep your equipment hidden out of view (in an aesthetically pleasing way) until you’re ready to use it. Close floors work, too.
- Train Unilaterally: If you’re an intermediate or advanced trainee, it’s possible that you’ve outgrown your weights. Even if you’re in the early stages of building your home gym, you may not have as much weight as you would like for some exercises. Maybe you’ve maxed out your leg extensions or squats. Don’t fret, you can train unilaterally. Instead of only doing traditional high bar or low bar barbell squats, supplement them with split squats or lunges with a bar or dumbbells to put more weight on one leg at a time. If you run out of weight for leg extensions, do single leg extensions with our leg extension attachment for our Super Bench.
- Double Up: While isolation exercises are great to focus on specific muscle groups, but it can also be useful to try some compound exercises. We’ve already mentioned dips, but squats and pull ups are other examples of compound exercises that you should include in your routine.
- Remember to Warm Up: The purpose of these hacks is to make your home gym enticing enough to stay committed to your fitness goals, but none of that matters if you hurt yourself. A warm up and cool down are meant to stretch your body in preparation for a strenuous activity and its end.
- Eat Richly: Eat a healthy, protein-rich snack after your workout, but make sure to include carbs to balance it out. Consuming protein within 15 minutes after your workout will help your body heal from any minor muscle straining it obtained during the workout. Protein will also help stave away your junk food cravings throughout the day.
- D.I.Y. Ice Down: There are two very easy ways to go about creating your own ice packs from items you already have in your kitchen:
- Fill a zippered bag with dish soap. The dish soap won't freeze, so it will adequately mold to your body.
- Wet a sponge and put it in a plastic bag.
- Stay Updated on All Things Fitness with Ironmaster: The home gym equipment experts at Ironmaster love fitness, and want you to love it just as much. Whenever you’re in need of training inspiration and tips, check back in with us to read our regularly updated fitness information blog!
- Smart Equipment: The Ironmaster Super Bench adjustable bench is an example of equipment that can be used for all kinds of presses and normal bench exercises, but also for many other functions with our optional attachments that take up minimal space and cost less than stand-alone equipment. Adjustable dumbbells and kettlebells will save you loads of space and money too, while providing you with the ability to perform countless exercises.
And don't forget, we've got your covered with all of your home gym equipment needs for every budget and skill level!